Microgreen Seasoning Salt
Arnold Farms Microgreen Seasoning Salt is made from our mild mixed green blend of red kale, broccoli, and purple kohlrabi infused with the finest Himalayan salts. Hand-packaged with loving care, contains no GMOs and nutritionally a single teaspoon of Arnold Farms Microgreen Seasoning Salt equals 2 cups of leafy greens.
Arnold Farms Micro Green Seasoning Salt in the 4 oz. size will be available only at the Arnold Farms booth at the Midland Farmers market beginning Saturday, May 15th.
Coming soon… additional varieties of Arnold Farms Microgreen Seasoning Salts… stay tuned!!!
So What Are Microgreens Anyway?
Microgreens is a term to describe edible greens that germinate from the seeds of herbs and vegetables and harvested without roots when they are seedlings.
They have a higher nutritional value and antioxidant content than their mature, fully grown equivalents. Because the plant is harvested before it is mature, they're bursting with the nutrients and antioxidants needed in anticipation for the growth of a full grown plant. In this way, less is more.
- As a garnish on salads and sandwiches
- Use to add flavor and color to omelettes
- As an alternative to lettuce in tacos
- Because of their high nutritional content add to smoothie or juice
2 cups microgreens
2 tbsp garlic scapes or cloves
2 tbsp pine nuts or walnuts
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1) Place microgreens in a food processor. Add garlic scapes or cloves, nuts and lemon juice and pulse a few times to chop and blend well.
2) Add the parmesan to the bowl, and slowly add oil while pulsing to reach the consistency you desire
- As a dip for veggies or crackers
- Mix with mayo for sandwich spread
- Use on pizza as a tomato base
- Topping for eggs, fish or other meats